What is HallsLife?
Coming to UWE Bristol is the beginning of something very exciting. By choosing to live on campus, you will become part of a supportive, fun and vibrant community – it’s like a whole new family.
So what is HallsLife ?
The HallsLife Team at The Students’ Union are here to help you feel at home at UWE Bristol. We will be hosting events throughout the year for you to get to know your neighbours and feel part of the community. The sorts of things you can look forward to are ......
- Events and activities where you can meet others
- Halls and flat based challenges, get involved!
- Fundraising league
- Sports competitions
- Social media - share pictures for points using the #UWEHallsLife and your halls. #CarrolCourt
- Sustainability Challenges – Let’s strive to make a greener campus.
How do I find out what's going on ?
There are a number of ways to keep in the loop .....
- You can find and join your HallsLife Facebook page here - https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/community/hallslife/facebook/
- Events and activities will be advertised on Browzer and through the UWE Accommodation Twitter & Instagram.
- The What's on section of the Students' Union Website - https://www.thestudentsunion.co.uk/ents/
What is the Halls League?
HallsLeague is a competition, that means prizes!
Here's how you can win points .....
- Attendance at events and activities.
- Taking part in Halls and Flat-based challenges.
- Fundraising and Volunteering – You can take part with UWE RAG or contact us for support to organise your own event for charity
- IntraMural Sports League – Represent your Halls in the Sunday Leagues or in the Dodgeball League. There are recreational sports slots at the Centre for Sport just for you. You can sign up to Social Sports and our Off the Wall programme and sample an array of sports and activities free for the rest of the year.
- Social Media – Share on Facebook, Instagram or Twitter and hashtag #UWEHallsLife and your halls e.g #CarrollCourt #Glenside #TheHollies #Cotswold Court
- Sustainability Challenges – Let’s strive to make a greener campus!
How do I get Involved ?
Well apart from taking part in all the fun events and activities, you can also join the HallsCommitteesa and be involved in organising events
We have four exciting committee positions for each of the UWE Bristol run Halls - Chair, Campaigns Officer, Events Officer & Sports Officer.
Chair (All Halls)
The Halls Committee Chair is the lead representative for their halls and the students who live there. They have a passion and flair for organisation and working closely with different people. The Chair is proactive in taking the lead to get things done, sets the direction for the Halls Committee and supports all of its members.
Campaigns Officer (All Halls)
The Campaigns Officer is enthusiastic about making change in the community and helping causes from sustainability to charity. They relish working alongside different people in order to achieve a greater goal.
Events Officer (All Halls)
The Events Officer is all about putting on immersive activities that create a real sense of community for all students living in halls. They have excellent organisational and people skills which they use to find out what it is that students want from their time at university.
Sports Officer (All Halls)
The Sports Officer has a passion for all things sport. They enjoy planning and taking part in a diverse range of sports and social activities and encouraging everyone to participate in different sports.
- Read Next
- HallsLife Bingo A Resident Assistant's Top Tips for Moving In! Feel Good Festival at Glenside SU Super Saturday Nathan's Tips on University Life HallsLife International Food Evening Save the student - Your moving in checklist Hallslife International Food Evening Ella's top tips for first year! The Students' Union at UWE Keep in touch ! Collecting your keys?
- Collecting your keys? Freshers updates! Looking After Yourself at UWE Nathan's Top Tips For First Year Your guide to Bristol