We all have to do it.
Swansea Council have Pink and Green bags.
Pink is plastic and Green is Cardboard, Tins & Glass. All recyclables should be washed out first and flattened down.
On your noticeboard, you should have a notice that states the day your collections are.
Pink Recycling and Black Refuse go out one week, then green bags go out the following week. Black bags can only go out on Pink Week but food recycling can go out every week.
If you require food recycling bins, please contact the council.
We've provided plastic recycling boxes in almost all properties so there is no excuse to not try and save the planet. If this little guy can, so can you...
- You can collect recycling bags from the Campus Receptions
- Only hard plastics can be recycled, crisp packets and plastic bags need to be put in the rubbish.
- When recycling Aluminium do the scrunch test. If the item stays scrunched - you can recycle it.
- You can only put out 3 black bags on rubbish week but you can put out unlimited recycling!
- Do not put the rubbish out any earlier than 7pm the evening before collection!
For great recycling tips, join 'Recycle for Swansea' on Facebook and make sure you follow SAS at the same time!
All further info can be found via www.swansea.gov.uk
NB: This only happened because he didn't recycle...