What's on in Edinburgh this October?
Add this event to your calendar
September was packed with fresher's fun, so let’s keep the momentum going and fill your diaries for October!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh Coffee Festival
Edinburgh’s fourth coffee festival; certain to stimulate senses with the aroma of coffee, exciting demonstrations, interactive workshops, live music and other attractions.
31st – 4th November
German beer, food and music – what better kind of party is there?! Located at Princes Street Gardens.
- Big Big Gin Festival
12th - 13th October
Scotland is home to 150 Gin Distilleries alone so what makes more sense than to enjoy many of these in Scotland's capital city.
A celebration of all things spooky! Follow the link to find out what you could do in Edinburgh this Halloween.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Tom Odell
Join us at the Usher Hall for a night of great music!
- Madagascar the Musical
2th - 7th October
Join Alex (X-Factor 2016 winner Matt Terry), Marty, Melman and Gloria as they bound out of the zoo and onto the stage in Madagascar The Musical.
- Saturday Night Fever
23rd - 27th October
Marking 40 years since its famous UK cinema release, Saturday Night Fever is spectacularly reimagined in a big new music and dance extravaganza.
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2, Waverley Station
Every Friday in October
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in October
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in October
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
- Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers
Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers will showcase a small selection of embroideries drawn from over 500 Scottish samplers in the collection of Leslie Durst – an American with a passion for Scotland.
- NOW: Monster Chetwynd
NOW is a series of contemporary art exhibitions displayed across the ground floor at Modern One. At the centre of the fourth instalment is a major survey of work by the Turner Prize nominated artist Monster Chetwynd.
Enjoy your October!
- Read Next
- New Prentice 111 Bus Service comes to QMU Getting Around Edinburgh What's on this Halloween in Edinburgh? QMConnect Peer Support Project Are you a QMU graduate with an interesting story?! Yasmin's Blog: Wrapping up warm for Winter Board Games in Maggie's! First Aid at Work Qualification Paulina's Blog: Mac & Cheese Recipe Maggie's Wins! You Said, We Did - Soup! Healthy Me! at QMU Study Break means COFFEE Breakfast or Breakfeast? Need to talk?
- Accommodation - Helpful Information Tyler's Blog: Make holidays great again Udder Choices NEXT WEEK Laura's Blog: The mystical island of seals, bogs and deer New Prentice 111 Bus Service comes to QMU