What's on in Edinburgh this October?
September was packed with fresher's fun, so let’s keep the momentum going and fill your diaries for October!
Festivals and Events
- Edinburgh Coffee Festival
Edinburgh’s fourth coffee festival; certain to stimulate senses with the aroma of coffee, exciting demonstrations, interactive workshops, live music and other attractions.
31st – 4th November
German beer, food and music – what better kind of party is there?! Located at Princes Street Gardens.
- Big Big Gin Festival
12th - 13th October
Scotland is home to 150 Gin Distilleries alone so what makes more sense than to enjoy many of these in Scotland's capital city.
A celebration of all things spooky! Follow the link to find out what you could do in Edinburgh this Halloween.
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Tom Odell
Join us at the Usher Hall for a night of great music!
- Madagascar the Musical
2th - 7th October
Join Alex (X-Factor 2016 winner Matt Terry), Marty, Melman and Gloria as they bound out of the zoo and onto the stage in Madagascar The Musical.
- Saturday Night Fever
23rd - 27th October
Marking 40 years since its famous UK cinema release, Saturday Night Fever is spectacularly reimagined in a big new music and dance extravaganza.
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2, Waverley Station
Every Friday in October
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in October
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in October
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
- Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers
Embroidered Stories: Scottish Samplers will showcase a small selection of embroideries drawn from over 500 Scottish samplers in the collection of Leslie Durst – an American with a passion for Scotland.
- NOW: Monster Chetwynd
NOW is a series of contemporary art exhibitions displayed across the ground floor at Modern One. At the centre of the fourth instalment is a major survey of work by the Turner Prize nominated artist Monster Chetwynd.
Enjoy your October!
- Read Next
- Getting Around Edinburgh QMConnect Peer Support Project Tell us about Maggie's! Student Blog: How to save money when travelling Paulina's Blog: Breakfast Chickpeas Paulina's Blog: Mac & Cheese Recipe Board Games in Maggie's! 5 things worth knowing about coffee! Student Blog: Why you should travel solo Study Break means COFFEE GRUMPY MULE IS BACK Maggie's Wins! Sports Products Self-Service password reset available now
- Christmas Feast in 1875 A Maggie's Christmas Secret Santa Competition - Win £50 Amazon voucher to share with a friend This weeks menu in 1875! Secret Santa Competition - Don't miss out!