What's on in Edinburgh this February?
January is over, finally! We can now look forward to a month of romance and plenty of things to do in Edinburgh...
Festivals and Events
- Manipulate Festival
2nd - 9th February
Visual Theatre Festival produced by Puppet Animation Scotland. They champion visual theatre, puppetry and animation in Scotland.
- Edinburgh Student Arts Festival
9th February - 3rd March
Scotland's third student-run arts festival that brings together five higher education and further education institutions across the city.
- Valentine's Day
Click the link above for things to do on your ideal Valentine's weekend in Edinburgh
- Capital Sci-Fi Con
15th - 17th February
For fans, by fans! Get your tickets now!
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Colours Classical: Dance Anthems
The 60-piece Scottish Festival Orchestra will play some of dance music’s most recognisable hits, with a classical twist!
- Ghost: The Musical
26th February - 2nd March
The movie ‘Ghost’ has proven to be one of cinema’s biggest all-time hits. Starring the late Patrick Swayze, Demi Moore and Whoopi Goldberg it was the highest grossing film of 1990. It now hits the stage as a must-see musical!
Come along to the Liquid Rooms to see this band in action!
- Peter Andre: Celebrating 25 years
20th - 24th February
Remember this pop act from the 90's...he's coming to the Usher Hall on his tour!
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2 Market, Waverley Station
Every Friday in February
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in February
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in February
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
Museums, Galleries and Exhibitions
23rd February onwards
Borderlines is a group exhibition that gives form to the conceptual, geo-political, economic and cultural impacts of borders. It draws attention to the ownership of the earth beneath our feet, underwater realms, the rules governing the international movement of goods, nation-states, the UK border in Ireland, financial sovereignty, tribal territories, anarchic polar exploration and the world-wide distribution of natural resources.
- The Six Nations in Edinburgh
February - March
This year’s Six Nations Championship is set to be another explosive tournament showing international rugby union at its best. Scotland, England, Ireland, Wales, France and Italy will again fight it out for the prestigious title of European Champions.
Enjoy your February!
- Read Next
- What's on in Edinburgh this April? Things only Edinburgh locals will know... Marty's Blog: 7 Scottish Things To Do For St Andrews Day YOUR guide to Edinburgh's food and drink hot spots Volunteers Wanted - Ride the Night 2019 Capital Theatres - Try it for a tenner Fancy chocolate for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Your personal guide to Edinburgh Getting Around Edinburgh 10 completely free things to do in Edinburgh Student Shopping Guide to Musselburgh
- This week's menu in 1875! BobCats Alpacas on Campus Your Maggie's Menu... Accommodation - Helpful Information Get active with QMU sports memberships