What's on in Edinburgh this April?
Add this event to your calendar
April is a month that’s full of fun and treats – April fools, Easter, chocolate! Edinburgh certainly makes the most of it.
Festivals and Events
- Scottish Vegan Festival
Perfect event for all foodies!
- Edinburgh International Harp Festival
5th – 10th April
Experience world class performance, learn new skills and join the growing harp community
- Dead by Dawn: Scotland’s International Horror Film Festival
18th – 21st April
Some films make you laugh, some to scar and scare in equal measure…
- Beltane Fire Festival
Taking place at Calton Hill, it marks the beginning of summer – a Pagan ritual that has become a popular spectacle.
- Terminal V Festival
An all day party featuring a huge line-up of some of the world's leading artists
Music, Theatre and Comedy
- Matilda the Musical
2nd - 27th April
Matilda The Musical is the multi-award winning musical from the Royal Shakespeare Company, inspired by the beloved book by the incomparable Roald Dahl.
- The Goonies - Film with Live Orchestra
One of the most celebrated family films ever, The Goonies, will be screened at the Usher Hall Spring 2019 with its classic score being performed live to picture by a full orchestra.
- Greatest Showman Sing-a-long
Singalonga Productions, producers of Singalonga Sound of Music and Singalonga Grease brings you their newest show, the smash hit film musical that everyone can’t stop singing - The Greatest Showman!
Markets and Fairs
- Platform 2 Market, Waverley Station
Every Friday in April
The perfect way to support local small businesses
- Edinburgh Farmers Market
Every Saturday in April
Situated on Castle Terrace, it's a great spot for some Saturday strolling
- Stockbridge Market
Every Sunday in April
If you're looking to stock up for a cosy Sunday dinner, Stockbridge market will definitely have something for all
- Scottish Kilomathon
Kilomathon offers something a little bit different to your usual running event. There are loads of 5Ks and 10Ks out there, but why not try something to push you out of your comfort zone in 2018? Get involved!
Enjoy your April!
- Read Next
- Jessica's Blog: Live Music in Edinburgh Your personal guide to Edinburgh Robert's Blog: Best bars in Edinburgh Robert's Blog: Bars to visit before you leave Juuso's Blog: Being an international student at QMU Jess's Blog: Half Formed Things, Band Review ResLife Social Programme Do you have a positive relationship with your bed? How to maintain a positive mindset If you were a dog, which would you be? Cameron's Blog: October Film Review Fancy chocolate for breakfast, lunch or dinner? Things only Edinburgh locals will know... YOUR guide to Edinburgh's food and drink hot spots
- This week's menu in 1875! BobCats Alpacas on Campus Your Maggie's Menu... Accommodation - Helpful Information Get active with QMU sports memberships