QMU Sports Festive Fitness Challenge!
Warm Up For Winter with QMU Sports
Get away from the hustle and bustle of Christmas shopping or escape from exam-time stress this winter and take part in our 5k a day challenge.
We’re challenging you to complete 5k a day for 5 consecutive days, anytime from Monday 10th – Friday 21st December. Every person that completes the challenge will be entered into a free prize draw for items including 1, 2 or 3 months’ free membership, personal training sessions, QMU Sports merchandise...
All you need to do is walk, run, row, cycle or cross-train your way to complete 5k every day. Use our challenge to kick start your way to a healthier lifestyle.
Regular physical activity has been shown to have many health benefits including:
• Improving psychological wellbeing.
• Improving quality of life and general wellbeing.
• Reducing the risk of stress, anxiety and clinical depression.
• Reducing the symptoms of depression and anxiety.
• Improving weight loss and weight management, reducing the risk of obesity.
• Reducing the risk of premature death by 20-30%.
• Reducing the risk of developing coronary heart disease (CHD), stroke, diabetes and certain cancers by 50%.
(Department of Health, 2011).
To take part in our challenge, all you need to do is collect a participation form on your first visit, then get it verified and signed by a member of the Sports Team each time you completed 5k.
- Read Next
- Will Lifting Weights Make Me Bulky? Wave goodbye to those January blues ResLife Social Programme Elena's Blog: 5 problems working students face Ieva's Blog: The prison of your own mind Elena's Blog: Coping at University Mark's Blog: Benefits of living in QMU Halls Do you have an old phone you no longer need? Is your phone hindering your happiness? Work for us when you graduate! Stina's Blog: How to keep sane during exam season Robert's Blog: Best bars in Edinburgh Accommodation - Helpful Information Elena's Blog: How to budget...on a budget!
- This weeks menu in 1875! Catering Customer Survey Will Lifting Weights Make Me Bulky? Your Maggie's Menu... Sports Fitness Class Timetable