Fun food facts to pick up your day!
For all you foodies out there, have you heard these facts before?!
Did you know that Irn Bru sausage exists? Originally created as an experiment, it’s a traditional pork sausage with Irn Bru added, which apparently add sweetness to the flavour. It’s now sold by Ballard Butchers in Scotland and has proven very popular
- Next time you tuck into McDonald’s chicken nuggets, take a look at their shape. They actually come in four different shapes – boot, ball, bone and ball – to ensure they’re cooked evenly and for extra ‘dip-ability’!
- A chef in China preparing a rare local delicacy using cobra died after being bitten by the snake – 20 minutes after he had cut the head from its body. Experts say snakes retain some reflexive action up to an hour after death
- It’s no secret that Gregg's Bakers has recently launched a vegan sausage roll, but did you know that it contains more calories than a McDonalds cheeseburger, which is already causing a stir among the vegan community
- Read Next
- 5 things worth knowing about coffee! Single-Use Countdown Things only Edinburgh locals will know... Eat, Drink and Play at QMU Catering on Campus - What's Available? Cameron's Blog: Missing Game of Thrones? What should I do in the Gym? Laura's Blog: Last Christmas we lost each other at the markets Jess's Blog: Half Formed Things, Band Review Marty's Blog: 7 Spooky Things In Edinburgh To Get You In The Halloween Spirit Stay healthy at uni Tyler's Blog: A trip to the Highlands
- This week's menu in 1875! Win a £50 Amazon voucher for your thoughts Welcome back to Semester 2! Accommodation - Helpful Information Free cooking classes at QMU