Top Tips: Cleaning
As well as being responsible for keeping your bedroom clean, it is your responsibility to keep your kitchen and bathroom clean. No one likes cleaning, but creating a rota and making sure you clean up after yourself will make cleaning easy. Here are our top tips:
- Don't let pots and pans pile up
- If you spill anything on the side, wipe it up
- Clean up splashes and spillages in the microwave
- Never pour fat or oil down the drain as this causes blockages!
Even if you have an en-suite, follow these rules for yourself!
- Always clean sinks, baths and showers after use
- Make sure any hair is removed from plugholes
- Wipe up excess water from the floor after a shower
- Don't use bleach based products
- Regularly vacuum your room
- Change your bed sheets regularly
- Clear away dirty cups and plates
- Wipe down shelves and surfaces regularly
- Read Next
- Tips from a 2nd year My favourite things about living in halls 8 stress fighting foods you NEED in your diet How to have the best group presentation Let's reduce our food waste! THE playlist to make you feel motivated Budgeting your way through your final loan... Looking back on my final year Drink ReThink. What's it all about?
- Be in with a chance of winning your very own Uni-Pug! What's around Birley? Did someone say rev sesh?! Daisy Bank Halls: From a Daisy Bank Veteran Looking back on my final year