So you like... music
There are loads of opportunities around Campus to get involved with a range of activities. In this series, we let you know about the various societies, events and clubs you can get involved with.
Manchester is a city full of musical history; we have given the world bands such as the Stone roses, venues such as the Albert Hall and festivals such as Parklife. Manchester is also an amazing place to play music, with many opportunities both on campus and in the city, here are some on campus...
- The Vocalists. A group for anyone who loves to sing, this society accepts shower singers, song writers or any one who loves to sing with other people. Meetings are on Tuesdays at The Union. Unleash that voice here.
- The Rock Society. The name is on the tin; this society is for students who love rock and want to hang out with people who enjoy the same genres. From trips, to social events, if you like the harder stuff- this one is for you. Rock your world here.
- Volunteer. The Union have a number of volunteering opportunities around music. So why not help others, expand your CV and enjoy yourself while you do it! Find your rhythm here.
- Open Mic Night (Crewe). The Bar on campus in Crewe often hosts open-mic nights. So whether you are next Celine Dion, or could give a strangled cat a run for it's money, why not go as a flat and have a great laugh. Details of the nights can be found here.
- Read Next
- Mcr Pride Parade 2018: Join us on the Parade float Holly's top tips for festival season Alcohol Impact: Knowing your limits! My fave places to check out in Manchester
- Things that happen when you go home for summer... Find out more about our halls... What to bring to uni Mcr Pride Parade 2018: Join us on the Parade float What's already provided in Birley flats?