Applications for RAs 19/20 are open!
Residential Advisors are an in-house team of second year, third year and postgraduate students who live in student accommodation. Their role is to offer support and advice about living in Manchester Met accommodation and information about accessing support across the university.
We are looking for applicants with excellent communication, customer service and team working skills to join our Residential Advisor team in September 2019. Second and third year students, as well as postgraduate students are eligible to apply and you must have experience of living in student accommodation (this can be private or University owned). In order to fulfil the role, you must will be required to live in university owned, leased or nominated accommodation for the entire academic year 2019/20.
Benefits and payment
- Stand out to graduate employers
- Weekly paid work
- Gain experience running events and activities
- Make professional connections and lasting friendships
- Extensive training throughout the year
Alumni have given feedback that the RA role has helped them to secure careers in….
- Student accommodation management
- Human Resources
- Graduate management schemes with companies such as Halfords and BT
- Marketing positions
How to apply
To have the best chance of putting together an effective application, we would recommend that you read the full Job Specification and Role Specification. You may also find it useful to read information about applications on the university Careers and Employability Service website. Successful applicants will be required to attend an Assessment Day on Thursday 14th February 2019.
- Read Next
- 5 questions with... RA Mariyam 5 questions with... RA Kirsten 5 questions with... RA James Get ready for RA recruitment to open! New Student? Learn about Res Life at MMU Looking for a part-time job? We can help! 5 top secret study spots Got a job interview? What is it like to be a RA My life as an intern
- Applications for RAs 19/20 are open! DIY takeaway ideas Things you should do before you leave University How to make your loan go the extra mile How to find a part time job