Shh! Quiet Hours in Halls
Revision and deadlines are stressful enough without having the extra worry of your housemates/neighbours keeping you up all night.
The last thing you would want before an important exam is a bad night's sleep. If you're not sure whether it's too loud, it probably is- keep it down!
Quiet Hours in your accommodation run between 11pm until 8am.
Use of electric guitars, drums etc. is not advised in halls, please consider how much noise these cause.
You will not be able to use lounges in halls for parties during exams.
- Outside halls
If you're out and about on campus, bare in mind those in their rooms and keep it down.
- Moving around
As all of our doors are fire doors, they can make quite the noise when so please be mindful and close it as quietly as possible.
Some other things to keep in mind...
- If you're heading out late at night, be aware that taxi doors slamming and horns can cause a disturbance. Get the taxi driver to call or text you when they arrive and stay indoors until they do.
- Swapping speakers for headphones when indoors, especially during evenings and early mornings is a super easy solution to keeping it down.
- When having guests, remember you're responsible for keeping the volume to a minimum- don't let them be the reason for disturbances.
Remember, any excessive noise can result in disciplinary action and that's the last thing you want to deal with during this key time of the year.
- Read Next
- What it's (realistically) like living in halls What should you pack for uni? Edinburgh Festivals to enjoy this summer Hacks that could save you some serious cash at uni Your first fortnight at uni bucketlist! Handy hacks to help you survive Freshers' Week
- Time to get vaccinated! Moving into halls this September? Meet your new flatmates! Get Sporty at the Oriam What should you pack for uni? Edinburgh Campus to Scottish Borders: Bus timetable