Apps to make your life at Heriot Watt simple
With so much stuff going on as a uni student, anything to make life easier should be welcomed with open arms (or by opening an app!)
Below are five apps to consider downloading before you even get here so you're armed and ready when you arrive.
- myHWU (Android / iPhone)
Everything from library balances to campus maps. This is the app you need to get on with being a Heriot-Watt student.
- SafeZone (Android / iPhone)
To keep you safe whilst on campus. Use it to send location-based alerts from your phone direct to Security Services.
- Watt Living (Android / iPhone)
Packed full of student hacks and practical advice for living in Edinburgh and being a Heriot-Watt student.
- Transport for Edinburgh (Android / iPhone)
Bit boring but if you rely on the buses or trams, get it downloaded. Track the buses and pay for your fares using it. Super handy if you don't have any cash on you.
- Edinburgh Photo Guide (Android / iPhone)
Serial photographer? If you want to get some stunning pics for your Instagram, this app will take you on a virtual tour of some of the best photography hotspots. Ideal for showing off to your mates.
Not enough? Some others to check out...
UNiDAYS (Android / iPhone): For when you need to save some money. Show it to get some great student discounts
Maps.Me (Android / iPhone): For when you need to find your way. It works offline too!My Friends (iPhone): For when you or your friends are completely lost.
Open Table (Android / iPhone): For when you're feeling hungry and want to try something new
Buddy Check (iPhone): Bump phones with your friends before you head out and you'll be able to track them.
- Read Next
- Have you registered with a GP? Time to start getting ready for uni! Reasons to get involved in sport at HW Wintery spots to enjoy in Edinburgh THE must-have tech for freshers When home doesn't feel like home anymore... Exploring Edinburgh with £20!
- What it's (realistically) like living in halls Freshers' Week: Expectations vs. Reality QUIZ: What type of flatmate will you be? Moving into halls this September? Meet your new flatmates! What's already provided in my halls?