Making the most of your final term at CU!
As we all know, time flies...
Whether we spend it having fun or working on assignments, we are fast approaching our final term. This means more exams and a lot more reading to do, but don't let this stop you from making the most of your final term! Especially for first-year students, this is some of your last opportunities to make vital memories and experience things.
Saying that - here are my top tips on how to make the most of your final term:
- Hang out with your friends - not just on nights out!
At university, it’s really easy to go on nights out with your friends, flatmates or course mates. My biggest advice would be arranging to hang out during the day, getting a coffee or just in one of your flats. You might find yourself making closer friends and especially when assignments are coming up, it's nice to be able to hang out without the stress of planning a night out.
- Keep up with your work, but don't get buried in it
Finding a balance between your work and social life can be one of the hardest things about university. My advice is to start things early, take it slowly so that you have plenty of time to relax too. Take small breaks to talk to friends or have a group study session. Getting caught up in the stress of assignments is a trap that we're all vulnerable to, but a little breathing time can often be the solution we forget about.
- Go to that place you always talked about
Recently me and my friends have set out to try all of the things in the area that we have always talked about. Getting out and making memories in your final term is something that you should prioritise because some of these things you might not get the chance to do again and you might even find your new favourite thing...
- Use your free time productively
Now, I know how easy it is to just sit back and throw on some Netflix when you have free time but try your hardest not to veg out. Do something else productive; find a new hobby, read a book - the sky is the limit! This is the time when we are supposed to figure out who we are, so let's not be the generation that sits with our faces glued to a screen.
- Enjoy living in halls
Living in halls isn't always perfect but this is something that you only get to do once! Try to spend more time with your flatmates, there's no harm in cooking a flat meal or even just hanging out. I didn't truly appreciate my accommodation at first, but now that I've looked around, there are some really nice areas to meet up with friends or even just sit and study if you need a quiet space.
Make this your best term yet and enjoy it, you'll miss it when first year is all over!
- Read Next
- What you'll miss about CU over summer... The Hub farewell BBQ! 5 cycling routes you need to try this summer! Moving into the community next year? Before you move in... What you should and shouldn't pack for uni International students: Pre-arrivals checklist
- Things that happen when you go home for summer... What you should and shouldn't pack for uni Before you move in... International students: Pre-arrivals checklist Moving into the community next year?