Budgeting your way through your final weeks...
As a university student, one of the best days is when you check your balance after your loan has dropped and you've finally got money again!
Sorry to sound like your Mum, but you need to budget it otherwise you'll be skint before you know it.
- Start by listing all of your incomings and outgoings so you know what you have left and if you need to cut back on anything.
- Rather than cutting shopping and treats out of your life, be sensible and use student discounts when you're out and about. Not all shops advertise them so don't be afraid to ask! Keep your student card on you at all times just in case you fancy a spontaneous shopping trip - you'll regret it if not.
- Learning how to cook will go a long way. Not only will you enjoy mealtimes more than when you're eating Super Noodles but you'll save so much money than eating takeaways and other lazy food like pizza and chips.
Remember that you need to try and make this loan last until you go home for summer, so the sooner you get a budget in place the better!
- Read Next
- Advice from a graduate: Budgeting Food hacks to save you money #Dontbedaft: Our Top 5 Safety Tips #DontBeDaft: The Money Series Food shopping on a budget... Braving the British weather Moving in: What to do once you've settled... #Dontbedaft: The personal safety series
- Need something fixing in your accommodation? #DontBeDaft: The Drinking Series Advice from a graduate: Wellbeing The lengths you'll go to when you're poor How to Revise Effectively Over Christmas